Top performance with unique features
New Channel baling press Austropressen APK-ES105 for waste disposal professional FCC
For 30 years the FCC Group subsidiary, ENTSORGA in Tainach (Austria) has operated a waste disposal site and recycling facility. Since February 2018 a new Austropressen APK-ES105 channel baling press with top-quality equipment has been in use there. Austropressen engineers collected and implemented the requirements jointly with their technical manager, Hans-Jürgen Buch. The press processes large quantities of residual waste and commercial waste and the bales are bound automatically with wire or plastic.
APK-ES shows its power
At the FCC-ENTSORGA site in Tainach residual waste, bulky waste and commercial waste are compacted. An average of 22t/h (in peak periods up to 35 t/h) is processed by the new channel baling press.
The material is fully automatically compressed into bales in formats of 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.4 – 2 m. Bales of household waste measuring 1.9 m in length weigh up to 2,000 kg, while bales of sorted commercial waste measuring 1.4 m in length weigh some 1,500 kg.
Specifications and Equipment
- Compression force 1050kN (in the event of material jam 1150 kN) and theoretical performance of 980 m³/h
- Drive 2 x 45 kW and double pump operation for high energy efficiency
- The fully automated binding system DRILLFIX can be feed with plastic or steel wire; 5-fold horizontal strapping with movable tying for easy access for servicing.
- The completely newly-designed and patented cutting system decisively reduces the machines’ energy expenditure. This successfully minimises material jams and energy consumption per press cycle and wear and tear on the cutting tool is reduced.
- In the event of overfilling or material jams the automatic fault removal (free press device) ensures that the press works reliably and continuously.
- Sliding shield: The binding ports remain closed during the pressing process in order to prevent discharge of the residual material and liquids. The result is a clean working space for the operators and the adjoining plant. Value-protecting side effect: longer life expectancy (no pollution of the machine parts), faster servicing and reduced cleaning costs.
- Cover caps for binding ports on the pressing plate remain closed during the pressing process; this prevents material jams and malfunctions and stoppages are almost excluded.
- Changeable HADROX wear plates not only on the base, but also on the side walls, the pressing plate and in the channel. This results in optimum bale quality for every mixture of materials and at the same time significantly reduces wear and tear.
- Automatic lubrication system for the pressing plate
- Transfer of machine data via SmartView